Tangled Up by Girls Aloud, Album Review
‘Tangled Up’ is the fourth studio album from pop sensations Girls Aloud. Pumped full of fun, cheeky songs that will appeal to everybody’s inner teenager, this album marks them outas rightful heirs to the girl-group throne. Includes the single ‘Sexy No No‘.
‘Tangled Up’ it was released by Fascination Records on November 19, 2007 (see 2007 in music) in the United Kingdom. Like their previous efforts, Tangled Up is produced by the production team of Brian Higgins and Xenomania. A tour of the same name (Tangled Up Tour) is scheduled for May 2008.
Girls Aloud - Tangled Up Track Listing
1. “Call the Shots” Writers: M. Cooper, , B. Higgins, T. Powell, G. Sommerville, L. Cowling 3:43
2. “Close to Love” Writers: M. Cooper, , B. Higgins, T. Powell, N. Coler, J. Lei, L. Cowling 3:51
3. “Sexy! No No No…” Writers: Xenomania, Nazareth, Girls Aloud 3:18
4. “Girl Overboard” Writers: M. Cooper, B. Higgins, T. Powell, N. Coler, J. Lei 4:09
5. “Can’t Speak French” Writers: M. Cooper, B. Higgins, T. Powell, N. Coler, J. Lei, C.M. Williams 4:02
6. “Black Jacks” Writers: M. Cooper, B. Higgins, T. Powell, N. Coler, L. Cowling 4:20
7. “Control of the Knife” Writers: M. Cooper, B. Higgins, J. Shave, G. Sommerville 3:49
8. “Fling” Writers: M. Cooper, B. Higgins, C.M. Williams, T. Powell, N. Coler, Moguai 4:10
9. “What You Crying For” Writers: M. Cooper, B. Higgins, T. Larcombe, L. Cowling, M. Boyle 3:43
10. “I’m Falling” Writers: M. Cooper, B. Higgins, T. Powell, Y. Maru’e, N. Scarlett 3:58
11. “Damn” Writers: M. Cooper, B. Higgins, T. Powell, N. Coler, L. Cowling 3:44
12. “Crocodile Tears” Writers: M. Cooper, Girls Aloud, B. Higgins, T. Powell, N. Coler, G. Sommerville, T. Larcombe 4:17
Girls Aloud - Tangled Up Song Info
Released in United Kingdom on November 19, 2007
Producer Brian Higgins, Xenomania
Girls Aloud - Tangled Up Review by bbc.co.uk
Adored by critics, fans and even the skinny jean brigade, the experimental “Sexy! No No no…” was our first introduction to the 4th Girls Aloud album. And we’re really happy to report Tangled Up is yet another unrelenting pop masterpiece.
Managing to rid themselves of the tackiness of the likes of “I Think We’re Alone Now”, the understated “Call The Shots” is an unexpectedly calm opener. But don’t get too worried, “Close To Love” really kicks off the energetic side of Tangled Up with a monster beat. Similarly the punishing 90s bassline of “Girl Overboard” and it’s overwhelming chorus make it, like “Something Kinda Ooh”, one of those songs we know is going to be amazing to dance to in a club. Sarah’s influence is certainly felt on the futuristic “I’m Falling”. Trapping squelchy sounds with a punky guitar, those of us who were horrified “Graffiti My Soul” was never a single will love it.
Instead of ballads, we’re treated to mid-tempo fun courtesy of the sultry “I Can’t Speak French” and the entrancing album closer “Crocodile Tears”. And we never thought we’d name a slower song as one of our favourites, but the reggae infused “Control of the Knife” complete with an absurd mash of trumpets and synths has managed to steal our heart.
Undoubtedly the best girl band the UK has ever seen, Girls Aloud make challenging pop music without ever losing their sense of fun and Tangled Up is yet another diamond on their fingers.